Scion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Voyage of Travesty...

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Voyage of Travesty... Empty A Voyage of Travesty...

Post  TrueAres Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:27 pm

Unhappy the land that needs heroes.
- Berokt Brecht

May, 2011.

The Gods have dealt with Hundun by sacrificing a scion named Lucas Crawford, a scion of Ares. The undertones of the world are at a somewhat hesitant peace and life continues to drag on leading many scions to think everything about the prophecy had come and passed like a hiccup. Many scions have went back to the life they led before "Ragnarok", as they witnessed it.

The stock market has finally leveled out and has begun to rise once again. Property values are once again on the rise and many people are happy that unemployment is decreasing. Most of the people that you come in contact with are generally happy that the "economy" is on the up-and-up.

It is now one year later and all seems fine and right with the world.

:Fade In:

A man sits in an elaborate brown leather chair. His greying hair is neatly combed to the side and parted the way a politicians hair looks. His eyes strained behind a set of bifocals to see a black screen monitor. His skin is rough and leathery with pockmarks scarred into his forehead.

The screen flickered to life and a figure slowly faded into view. The man on the monitor looked military in the way a black ops agent would look. A dark brown lumber jack beard and medium length brown hair pulled back and set in place because of a ball cap. His eyes were a light sky blue and had seen many people give their lives up because of his hands.

"Senator Phillips." The man on the monitor bellowed out.

"Mr., uh, what do I call you, again?" The senator said showing an uneasiness about having this conversation in his office. His thoughts rushing about being in a building that was monitored 24/7.

"Smith." The man seemed a little annoyed by the senators actions. "Our mutual friend put you in contact with me" his eyes widening, "so what do you want?"

Senator Phillips seemed to muster up some courage and said without hesitation, "Unleash the Kraken."

:Fade Out:

Last edited by TrueAres on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

https://sciontrueares.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

A Voyage of Travesty... Empty Re: A Voyage of Travesty...

Post  TrueAres Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:01 am

Ma Ti Menville

Thunder echoed it deep billows as lightning splintered itself across the dark blue night sky. Big Ben, or Elizabeth Tower (if your new to the area) being flanked by the Palace of Westminster along with the Westminster Bridge, illuminate the River Thames making the water seem to take life as it flows beautifully across the shoreline.

Located in south London, New Cross borough is home to the "Blue Borough's" otherwise known as the Ghetto Boys. An old dilapidated factory building is now the "corporate office" for the street gang but now supposedly the new home for the Earth Liberation Front (ELF) member and former MS-13 gang man. Ma Ti makes his way three flights of fire-escape stairs and comes to "his" door. An agreement made with the Ghetto Boys has provided the eco-warrior with a decent hideout that no police would dare to try to enter.

A coffee stained, and God's know what else stained, mattress was the bed of Ma Ti for a little over a month now. An old English soldier's black wooden footlocker was his desk, closet and table. Inside of the 6 by 8 room a single lamp sat plugged into the one of two outlets that worked for this bedroom. He had stayed in far worse, Ma Ti thought to himself. All that he wanted now was his one phone call that he was suppose to get from his cell leader, Javier, who sent him to this place to "weather the storm".

As the thought left his mind, the IPhone 4 that laid on the floor collecting dust and charge vibrated to life.

Last edited by TrueAres on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:19 am

Dr. Jared Forsythe

Dr. Jared Forsythe became head museum curator of the famous Smithsonian Institute's, National Museum of Natural History, located in the National Mall in Washington D.C., by a stroke of pure unadulterated luck. Having just lost his job as a adjunct professor with the esteemed Massachusetts Institute of Technology's anthropology department, he having never applied for the position received a call from Secretary Wayne Clough asking Dr. Forsythe to step in a interim museum curator. Dr. Forsythe accepted and the rest is history.

Today though was a special day, a day like any other for Dr. Forsythe, in the fact that the National Museum of Natural History had received it's rhinoceros for the Endangered Rhino exhibit. Being the head curator for the museum had it's perks in that Dr. Forsythe oversaw the arrival of new displays. He stood around in his usual work attire that was required by his job, a Smithsonian light blue vest with a long sleeve, now rolled up to the forearm, white shirt with a cornflower blue tie. His khaki pants were neatly pressed with a black shined leather belt and black shined custom leather shoes.

His elated joy was rudely interrupted by a sudden text message on his phone.
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:44 am

Hadiya Bousaid

Hadiya laid in her hotel room dreaming of what the woman who saved her had told her, "Some point in the future someone will come visit you and give you instructions, instructions you must follow." The lady, full figured and buxom, disappeared in a hail of gun-fire that brought Hadiya to a frightful wake. At times she thought it wasn't a dream but actual real life.

Her hotel room was provided by the English Parliament and was all expenses inclusive for all of the good Intel she gave them. She was on 21 days accrued leave which meant she could have her vacation and recoup from the previous mission. Hadiya's previous mission entailed hunting down a dissident named Afsaneh Al-Fulsahadeen and providing the Secret Intelligence Service with the information to "acquire" her. When the MI6 operatives arrived at the location Hadiya had given, Afsaneh was gone and a barrage of gun-fire came from the building engulfing the operatives killing every single one of the 8 man team.

Hadiya was given paid leave with the stipulation that she needed to see a psychiatrist and be deemed mentally fit for duty. Her memories could not get in her way this next mission as it was supposedly to try and recapture Afsaneh.

Catching her off-guard a knock came at the door causing her to startle almost bringing her handgun to train on some illusion that wasn't there rather than investigate the visitor.
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:12 pm

Andrew Walker

Campaign head-quarters seemed to be a home for Andrew Walker. He woke up after spending the night on a plush red fabric couch that had black lining. His day would consist of the usual campaign managing in which he would take calls, sign parts of legislation and occasionally "kiss the baby" for his party.

A knock on the office door woke him from his deep REM sleep almost sending his body into a hesitant shock. The figure at the door was a wiry man with curly brown hair and black framed glasses. His dress gave him away though as someone who had some power in the campaign, Thomas Miller. Tom, as his friends called him, had his signature IPad and IPhone, "Sir, you have a meeting in 20."

Andrew got off of the couch and got as ready as he could with a sink, an electric razor and a travel pack that consisted of a toothbrush and toothpaste. Washing the sleep off of his face Tom poked his head through the door, "Sir, an important phone call," his right arm with a Rolex wristwatch appeared from behind the bathroom door with a cell phone in hand, "would you like to take it? He says it's your father."
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  guitarsniper Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:18 am

Hadiya

Using the sound of the TV news to mask her movements, Hadiya made a quick check of her Go-Bag, what she'd need if she had to go on the run, right then and there. Holding her gun behind her back, she slowly edged up to the door, first listening against it to determine how many people--or things--were outside and then chancing a look through the peephole.

dex+stealth to move to door silently: 7 dice (8s-1, 7s-2, 6s-2 4s -1 3s -1)=3 successes +2 auto successes

per+awareness to see who's outside: 7 dice ((10s-1, 7s-3, 6s-1, 4s-1, 3s-2)=5 successes + 1 automatic success
guitarsniper
guitarsniper

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:53 am

Hadiya doesn't see anyone or anything out of the peep-hole. Without warning a loud supersonic burst happened behind her along with smell of dry dust and sand accompanied by the sound of a raging wind. A figured appeared through a white cloud, it was a woman with a slender figure and rounded hip walking in a graceful manner. Her hair was long and black and her eyes were mesmerizing.

Her feline eyes looked at Hadiya, "Hello child."
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SPACKlick Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:17 am

Ma Ti Menville

Picking up the phone Ma Ti slumps down on the mattress. "'Bout time pendejo, what you got for me boss?"

SPACKlick

Back to top Go down

Post  Scutarii Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:59 am

Standing in the bathroom, brushing his teeth and checking his suit is neat, hair just so Andrew waves at the assistant indicating to bring the phone over, he brings it to his ear, toothbrush hanging out of his mouth as he continues to brush with the other hand.

"Mhmfmhfpfhmpf?"

Scutarii

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:32 pm

Ma Ti Menville

The voice on the phone sounds a little rushed as if he is out of breath but Ma Ti knows who this man is, Javier, "I'm glad to find you are doing well," he says trying to take composure of his erratic breathing, "I need for you to go to a club there in London called The Venue. I know it's a not what you are used to going to but be somewhat normal when you go there. Someone will approach you and you will know what to do."

The phone call abruptly ended in silence. It seemed that in that brief moment all time and life stood still.
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:54 pm

Andrew Walker

Taking the phone Andrew answered and realized that there wasn't anyone on the other line. Seems odd. Actually the line was dead, no one was there or could it have been a wrong number. The fact that Tom said it was Andrew's father drew some reluctance from Andrew.

"Hello son." A voice sounded from behind him. The smell of olives in the hot air and what seemed to be a murmuring crowd.

Andrew looked up in the mirror to see a lithe, tan, dark-haired man with an expensive business suit and a set of Nike Air Pegasus+ 29's, coloring neon green with orange accents, "You like'em. I just got them in the mail this morning. Best $170 I could have ever spent." He moved his foot around and brought his attention back to Andrew. "Your going on a vacation for a little while. You work too much." His jaw-line was firm and his eyes, light, and welcoming. "Actually you will be flying to New York. They need our help there. Someone got a message about a mythical beast that is going to rip apart the eastern sea board. You and a few others will," Hermes stopped looking for the right word. "hopefully will be working together."

You receive 5 XP for meeting your parent God.

Hermes touches your brow bestowing Godly ichor on your mortal coil. "Any questions." He says with a smile.
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SPACKlick Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:43 am

I try and find the club on my i phone while getting dressed, I pull on what clothes I have and stuff a short club down the leg of the pants, just in case. I make sure to unplug the lamp and charger and switch all the sockets off and stepping out onto the fire stairs, close the window firmly behind me and lay cardboard over the edges to keep what little heat there is, in.

I make my way to venue by back roads, trying to avoid people as much as possible and circle it once noting possible exits and making sure I'm not being led into a trap.

Per+Awa to see who's outside: 1 dice (no ability) 7s-1 = 1success
Dex+Ste to avoid being seen: 11 dice (10s-1, 9s-3, 8s-1, 7s-2, 5s-1, 4s1, 1s-2)= 8success+2autosuccess

If all looks good, I'll head on in.

SPACKlick

Back to top Go down

Post  Scutarii Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:07 am

Andrew spits out the toothpaste and washes his mouth clean and minty fresh.

"Questions? Oh so many questions...Most important ones are I suppose what will I be doing and who will I be working with? Anyone I've worked with before?"

Andrew looks forlornly at the door of the bathroom, walks over and locks it.

"My poor political career...One day I'll get somewhere higher than the city council. Not today though. Not today."

he turns to Hermes

"How will I be traveling and what should I bring?"

Scutarii

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:47 am

Ma Ti Menville

You arrive at the red and beige brick nightclub called "The Venue" where you seem to walk right past the front door security; two of them dressed in sport coats and nice slacks each with an earpiece in their ear. You walk through the Main Hallway which has pictures of famous and infamous punk rock bands all in their black picture frames and polished glass. You are met by the hostess and even though you have never been in this club before she seems to know who you are.

She leads you to a "VIP" room where a large heavy blue felt curtain hangs giving the proper sound deafening needed for a private "VIP" party. You go in the room behind the curtain making it seem you are plunging down the "rabbit hole". Inside is a large heavy wooden table with a pattern and design that resembles the Aztec people. A man sits behind the table with cold feral eyes. His demeanor stoic and stern. His skin as black as night with blue tattoos that seem to cover most of his body. His clothing fitting his personality.

You receive 5 XP for meeting your God parent.

"You didn't lose control," He says looking down toward the back of your pants, "I'm pleased." He turns his attention toward you again making it seem too uncomfortable. "You are going to New York City. I know you are running from the America's and you might be detained when you try to go back but I have taken great pains getting you back in to that country. You will not have a problem this time." His accent being very thick. He leans closer. "You will find a scion they call the 'Lost One'. You will also be a part of a band of other scions because New York City is going to have a titan show up at some point and you will claim the glory of the kill, eating it's heart and bathing in it's blood. Let no-one know that you are seeking this 'Lost One'. You must be victorious in your quests. It is more important than you know."
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:54 am

Andrew Walker

He watches you as you look at him. "Bring whatever you heart desires. Remember you will be going to the United States. Customs officials are known to find weapons especially with the elections coming up. I'll place an illusion on your relics you have so that they cannot see them." He places his hand on his chin and rubs. "I do not know who you will be working with. My eyes haven't found them yet but I know you haven't worked with them before."
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SPACKlick Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:13 pm

"No hay pedo. If you've got me a way of getting into past the Jura, ese, I'm game. Otherwise it might take me a while to get there, you know? I'm always down to rumble with the beast. What else you got on this lost cabron? Like how'm I gonna know him papi? And you want me to end him right away or just catch him?"

Ma Ti leans back and gets comfy while watching the curtain.

SPACKlick

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:42 pm

Ma Ti Menville

A flash of anger crosses his face and you consider he is powerful beyond your understanding, "You will NOT kill him. If you do I will make you the very dirt you come from. And have respect when you look at your father's face. Not too many people like you get this privilege. As for the 'Lost One'," He looks at the glass he had just finished which had a resonance of some thick red liquid. "He'll look and sound Irish."

He begins to wave you off and speaks, "Your equipment that you need will be taken care of."
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SPACKlick Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:52 pm

I claw my hand open and squeeze it over his glass. [1L health level]

"No disrespect meant Papi. I'll work with the guy. I'm heading out as soon as I can, once I've picked up my things. I trust you to get me there and I'll stick with this lost one."

I get up, drop a gang salute to my father and make my way back to my digs to pick up the shield. En Route I see about booking a one way boat trip to New York.

SPACKlick

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:25 pm

Ma Ti Menville has no problem with attaining a boat ticket. One of the ship-man shows Ma Ti to his quarters and arranges that his personal belongings accompany him.

You arrive in New York about 4 days later to the World's Fair Marina, Pier 1.

A Voyage of Travesty... Worlds_Fair_Marina,_Pier_1_for_the_South_West

Customs officials seem to let you past and you are greeted by an old friend, Javier. A short skinny Cuban man with a dark pencil mustache and a dark head of hair, he greets you with gladness and asks, "How was the trip?" He takes your luggage and puts it in his silver Honda Civic and both of you drive off toward Brooklyn, taking in the sights as you go.

"You'll want to hide your gang affiliations here. Death comes quickly if you don't."
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SPACKlick Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:53 am

Turning with anger “Death comes quickly most places I go carnal. You think I need to worry?”
App+Pre to look scary as all hell 8 dice (9s-4, 8s-2, 6s-1, 2s-1) 6successes + 2autosuccesses

“I’m not gonna go flashing tats and signs off but I won’t disrespect my compadres neither. Take me where I gotta go and let me handle my shit”

SPACKlick

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:45 am

Javier pulls up outside of a hotel.

A Voyage of Travesty... 41864_70_b

"Here's some cash, go get yourself a room and wait for my call or a call from someone whom you'll know."
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SPACKlick Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:01 pm

"cheers Ese"

I hop out and grab my shield and holdall from the trunk. I stride into the hotel making sure my arms and chest are well covered by my clothes.

"A room near the ground floor please ma'am. For three nights to start with but I may be extending my stay. Name of Menville, two L's. Oh, and is there a gym here at all?"

SPACKlick

Back to top Go down

Post  guitarsniper Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:51 pm

Hadiya
Checking her gun to make sure the safety is on, Hadiya lays it down on her bedside table and turns off the TV. Turning to her mother, who had made her life, not definitely better nor definitely worse, but definitely more complicated, since her unexpected, though much appreciated, arrival, Hadiya said, "Hello, mother. What can I do for you today? I assume this is not simply social."

guitarsniper
guitarsniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Scutarii Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:22 pm

Mr. Walker, Liberal Democrat councillor steps out into the New York day from the airport.

Well cut, saville row suit (or relic armour for those in the know) and tie, suitcase in one hand and a had scribbled post-it note with directions in the other.

He waves at a cab and steps inside, handing over the post-it as directions. The cab driver is a chatty fellow, and it doesn't take long for him to begin talking about his life and problems. The ride takes a while with the traffic and Andrew is mindful of the fare ticking up but is happy enough to talk to the man.

Before paying up and leaving the cab at their destination Andrew turns and smiles at the guy

"Have a good day now,"

And exudes just a hint of power. He then turns to his destination...

[sblock="Power"]Using 'Blessings of Importance' on the cab driver, which costs a Legend point, refills his willpower but most importantly makes him feel special, wanted and just generally better about himself.[/sblock]

Scutarii

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:28 pm

Hadiya

"You are officially retiring from your current. You can come back another day but there is a matter that needs your attentiveness." Bastet turns and pours herself a drink, taking a sip from the caramel colored liquor drink she says, "You humans have yet to master that art." She say motioning with the glass in hand

Your receive 5 XP for being in the presence of your God parent.

"I have made arrangements for you and your things to be taken to The Roosevelt Hotel in New York City. There you will meet others just like you and will need to work together to take out a mighty titan foe that is threatening the very fabric of life." She turns to leave, walking toward the hotel room door and stops turning back to you, "There is also a man you will need to find called Kail O'Malley, he'll more than likely be an acting doctor in a clinic. He's very powerful but he will aid you in this quest."
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum